Tuesday, June 26, 2007

you don't say

he comes up the stairs
who moved all the shit around in debba's room? he says
I don't know, I say
I don't say, we were in there at 3AM with the lights blown, putting hands in dark cluttered boxes and praying to impossible gods
she follows him up you're looking thin she says
he says huh, you could stand to lose a few more
I smile and don't say I haven't eaten for three days you fuckwit, I've lost thirteen kilos and what else do I have to do? Instead I say your tan looks weird, not saying, you'll see
he doesn't say something then, I don't know what it is because he doesn't say it
goodnight, I say
goodnight, he says
I love you, I don't say,
help me I don't say,
he doesn't say something either, all these things we don't say,
nobody is saying anything to anyone

No comments: